Total number of pages: 440
Total Hours: 24
The objective of AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2011 Fundamentals Part 1 is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in AutoCAD. All topics, including features and commands, relate both to AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT unless specifically noted otherwise in the courseware.
To make the process easier and provide flexibility for instructors and students, the course is divided into two parts that can be taken independently. This book is the first of two books that make up the AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2011 Fundamentals course.
Note: if you have already purchased the AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2011 Fundamentals training guide, the content of this book is included in that guide.
This Part 1 training guide covers the essential core topics for working with AutoCAD. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are also introduced throughout the course. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the most essential tools and concepts.
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
- Organizing drawing objects on layers
- inserting reusable symbols (blocks)
- Preparing a layout to be plotted
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology
- A working knowledge of Windows 9x, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, or 7